Circus on the Pier - Battleaxe's birthday!

Very quick post - it was my birthday yesterday - have got more excitements tonight, so for a low-key treat, we decided to go to the Circus on Hastings Pier.  I got some great birthday presents...

Waiting to go in
It was a blustery evening with big seas- it was strange to sit in a circus tent and see and hear the waves rushing in beneath your feet, and the shingle rattling back and forth.  We went for a walk along the sea-front beforehand, and up to the end of the Pier.



     Now, what I would say is this, if you are expecting a full-size all bells and whistles circus, this isn't it.  It is a smallish tent, with a smallish company, and only lasts 50 minutes.  It is a little circus, on a pier. Battleaxe loves a circus - bring on the horses and dogs, say I. See previous post
     However, although it was little we could see kids loving it, and it suited our desire for low-key entertainment.
     The audience was smallish - they do three shows a day, which seemed a bit many for a Monday. If I were them, I'd keep it to afternoon and evening.  Because of the small audience, I kept my eyes firmly averted from the clowns. Such persons do tend to pick on me, and I've never liked clowns. I'm not afraid of them or anything, I just don't find them funny. Never did, even when I was little.
     Most of the performers seemed to be Mongolian - there were some amazing contortionists, various acrobats and a human slinky...
     My photos aren't very good. The camera wouldn't focus in the light with no flash.







Feel free to comment!

Hastings Battleaxe welcomes comments from readers. I try to reply to every one. If I don't reply, the technology has let me down!

Most read posts this week

Hastings Battleaxe hits the Chelsea Flower Show.

Time out in Turkey... just too much happening back in Britain

South of England Show, Race for Life....political turmoil....

Best Garden Centres and Plant Nurseries near Hastings

Hastings Old Town antique and junk shops

Why are Marks and Spencer clothes so awful?

Battleaxe visits Naturist Beach

Antiques, vintage shops and galleries in St Leonard's - a walk with Hastings Battleaxe

Sennen Cove, Cornwall. We miss Hastings white-out...and family memories

Cirali, Turkey - Year Three!